As lack of nutrition results in the impaired physical growth, in the same way lack of parental care has great negative influence on child’s brain development. Though brain continues to develop throughout the lifespan, most of the physical growth and brain development happens in the early years of childhood.
A child’s attachment is an ongoing bond that exists between the parent and child. Parents who are inattentive fails to establish a secure attachment with their kids. Neglected children may exhibit depression and delays in language, physical, cognitive and social development. Children who get consistent love and care from their parents will have an amazing developmental journey in their life. These children acquire skills that maximise their life potential. Kids who gets right parental care will feel protected and reaches their developmental milestones.
Building a good relation isn’t a difficult task, it needs some time and expressing your love. Here are some tips which teach you how to bond with your kids.
Tips to connect with your child:
- Show your child love in the form of hugs and praises to encourage them.
- Cheer them when they complete any tasks such as completing their home works, sharing toys with their peers etc.
- Show some interest and invest your time by participating with them in games and finishing their school projects.
- A simple way to get connected with your kids is eating together.
- Be a good listener and never interrupt your child’s conversation to let him know that you are interested in his activities.
- Share your feelings with your kids and encourage them to express their feelings too. Accepting their feelings, without minimising or making fun also increases the chances to share more with you as they grow.