A child’s growth totally depends on his daily nutritional intake. The diet of every child should provide all the essential vitamins to cover all his growth needs. Most of the parents consider increase in height is the only sign of growth. But physical growth actually refers to the increase in height, weight and other body changes that occur as a child matures.
The rate of growth varies from child to child. So, it’s better to have enough patience to see the growth instead of worrying. It is always suggested to provide the vitamins only through diet as there is no replacement from natural nutrients. If your child is a fussy eater, consider some multi-vitamin replacements only after seeking expert’s advice.
List of growth enhancer vitamins:
The complete list of vitamins which aid the growth is mentioned below. These growth enhancer vitamins take every aspect of your child’s growth into consideration. So, if you want to see a healthy growth in your child, make sure he gets all these vitamins through his diet.
- Vitamin A: Vitamin A is one of the most important vitamins and is vital for bone growth, good vision and immunity which can help to stay away from infections. Whole milk, cheese, carrots, beetroot, spinach are some of the food sources rich in vitamin A.
- Vitamin B-complex: Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5 and B12 all greatly contribute the needs of a growing child.
- Vitamin B1: It aids bone growth, improves digestion and absorption of nutrients into the body. Vitamin B1 is found in fish, nuts and pecans.
- Vitamin B2: It is essential for the all-round growth of the child. It mainly helps in the growth of bones, hair, nails and skin. Vitamin B2 is found in leafy green vegetables.
- Vitamin B3: It plays an important role in the production of energy and keeps skin, digestive & nervous system healthy and function properly. Peanuts, mushrooms, green peas are some of the best sources of vitamin B3.
- Vitamin B5: It helps to stimulate the growth hormones and is required in small amounts. Corn, cauliflower, chicken and sweet potatoes are some food sources of vitamin B5.
- Vitamin B12: It aids the synthesis of folate and carbohydrates which are required for the normal growth & development in kids. Fish, eggs, milk products are rich in vitamin B12.
- Vitamin C: It helps to help the body heal and recover from wounds. It also protects the child against diseases which can stunt the growth. Citrus fruits and lemon provides ample amounts of vitamin C.
- Vitamin D: Calcium and vitamin D are like two sides of a coin. Even a diet with required calcium intake doesn’t help for growth without vitamin D. This vitamin helps bones to absorb calcium. The best way to get enough vitamin D is to spend some time in sunlight.